Friday, November 6, 2009

Chilled Fruit Salad & Oh So Yummy!

Mmm I'm thinking, mangoes, bananas, grapes (green & or red), watermelon, rock melon, strawberries, apples, pears and the list goes on! I never add raspberries or blueberries as the price of those fruit goes right through the roof, but if you can afford them, then please add them in as well!!

Method:

Using a whole seedless watermelon, cut in half and scoop it all out using a small shaped round spoon(there is probably a better term for it so please forgive me for not using fancy terms!) I use my measuring tablespoon which is shape like half a sphere. Saved the emptied 'halves'.

Peel, cube, slice, halve all other fruits you want to add to this salad, put them all in a big mixing bowl, squeeze a fresh lemon (or use lemon juice which ever is available to you-lemon being an antioxidant will stop your fruits from going brown) mix the lot, add a few pinch of sugar (to taste, I use it to taste - I use it to cut the acidity down a bit). Mix well.

Cut a slight amount of the watermelon's halves bottom so that they can stand, pour your salad into both halves, wrap & keep in the fridge till the fruits are chilled (about a full hour).

Serve & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment